My First Liebster Award!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yay! I won! I won! Finally I got nominated for the Liebster Award! My first ever! Although I am not really sure why is it called nominated and not won? I mean if I am "nominated", how will I win now? :O So I am gonna flaunt it like I won it! :D :) 

My loving Bhabhi, Divya, nominated me for the Liebster award! See, it helps to have bloggers in the family - if no one else gives you the award, you can bribe your bhabhi to nominate you! :D

So here I am - all set to flaunt my first ever Liebster award! It's Legen-wait-for-it-daryyyyyyyyy!




  •  What is your favourite place and why?

I haven't really travelled much and my first ever abroad trip was a short visit to Birmingham, United Kingdom recently. The place is really beautiful and the trip was fun but it made me realize one thing- there's no place like home! I can never be as happy or content anywhere as I am at my home sweet home! And not to forget,  I can't get Mom's yummy food anywhere else!

  • What would be that one wild thing you intend to do in your lifetime?
Bungee jumping - without a thought! I have always always always wanted to try it once. I might get a heart attack while jumping actually, so i am just postponing it for now!

  • How do you define serenity? Illustrate with examples.
I define serenity as being calm and peaceful, just like the sea. It has huge waves and a whole lot of turbulence in it and yet, it manages to calm a turbid soul with such ease.

  • If you were to ask only one question to an alien, what would that be?
Did Jadoo reach back home safely?

  • Light shades or dark colours? Reasons?
The bright, crisp shades liberate happiness for me. Bright Yellow. Funky Red. Sea Blue. Fluorescent Green. Crisp Pink. I am already beaming with happiness.

  • What is your dream job?
My dream job is dreaming. :D To sleep and dream, that's all I wanna do! :P

  • Describe your favourite birthday experience.
I may sound very boring to you but I prefer a simple dinner with family to a big (surprise) party! Just everyone together fighting over the last piece of cake on a dinner table! ;)

  • Given a chance, what will you change about the planet earth?
I would definitely like to make it more greener with beautiful landscapes to be cherished.

  • What do you do when you have absolutely free time?
I am addicted to sitcoms and rom-coms. Among sitcoms, Friends has been my favourite till date, although nowadays, I am watching thriller series, Dexter.

  • What is it that you don’t like in someone?
This is a tough one. Ummm. I dislike lies and liars; hypocrisy; and petty behaviour.


Now comes the tough part. As per the following rules, I need to draft 10 questions of my own to be answered by the people I nominate!
  • Link back to the person's blog who has nominated you and convey thanks for giving the award.
  • Answer all the questions posted by the nominator.
  • Nominate 10 more bloggers whom you feel deserve of more subscribers; you pass the award on to them.
  • Create 10 questions for the nominees.
  • Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award!

Following are the people whom I want to nominate for the Liebster Award (hopefully, their first as well!):
3. Nandini Deka - http://nandinispeaks.blogspot.in/
4. Arumugam Easwar - http://miraarvind.blogspot.in/
6. Bhavya Kaushik - http://bhavyakaushik.com/
7. Jaideep Khanduja - http://dilkisunao.blogspot.in/
And your questions are:
  1. Describe yourself in less than 10 words.
  2. How did you pick your blog’s name?
  3. Which is the best book you've read recently.
  4. Which is your favourite childhood memory?
  5. Summers or Winters?
  6. What is your all-time favorite quote? (Mine is: If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done!)
  7. When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it?
  8. If you were on a deserted island, what 3 items would you want with you?
  9. If you had to get on stage, what would you like to perform - sing or dance?
  10. What’s your favorite post that you've written? (Link, please!)

Happy Blogging! :D

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Liebster dear :) It's indeed an overwhelming experience! Thank you for passing it on to me. I am honored! :) Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bushra! :) Congratulations on your blog's first anniversary! :)

      Delete
  2. [ Smiles ] Although I am not into awards, I would like to bid you congratulations!

    Keep blogging, Isha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Love! You are doing a great! I truly feel privileged. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first Leibster!
    Thank you so much for forwarding it to me. Loved your answers. Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you liked them! :D

      Delete
  6. Hi Isha, such witty answers...Your dream job made me smile :P

    A very big big congrats for your first Leibster...I'm sure you will get so many more. And thank you for passing one to me... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Liked all your answers too - specially the describing yourself one! :P

      Loved your favourite post! ;)

      Delete
  7. Q1. Describe yourself in less than 10 words.
    Ans- Cocktail of Harry Potter and Aamir with dollops of Shahid

    Q2. How did you pick your blog’s name?
    Ans- I really struggled. I had named it ‘Through my Eyes’. After a year or two, I changed it to ‘Some Bedtime Stories’.

    Q3. Which is the best book you've read recently.
    Ans- Umm… ‘Love in the time of Cholera’. I read it this July. It taught me how to narrate a story

    Q4. Which is your favourite childhood memory?
    Ans- It’s hard to select one. Besides, I guess my childhood is still continuing.

    Q5. Summers or Winters?
    Ans- Winter, albeit a mild one

    Q6. What is your all-time favorite quote? (Mine is: If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done!)
    Ans- That was a great quote. :P
    I maintain a quote copy and there are many by Dumbledore which I love/respect. One great quote I heard from my friend recently is ‘Sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck’.

    Q7. When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it?
    Ans- I wanted to become a toyshop owner at that time. No, I didn’t :P

    Q8. If you were on a deserted island, what 3 items would you want with you?
    Ans- Harry Potter series of books, a bed and 4 pillows

    Q9. If you had to get on stage, what would you like to perform - sing or dance?
    Ans- I am really poor in both. Kuch bhi kara lo, joote toh padenge hi :P

    Q10. What’s your favorite post that you've written? (Link, please!)

    Ans- A flash fiction called ‘When Tina Met a Stranger’

    http://thirstydesires.blogspot.in/2012/04/when-tina-met-stranger.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...