Dil Dhadakne Do: Movie Review: another refreshing movie by Zoya Akhtar

Monday, June 8, 2015

After watching too many hyped movies for so long, I finally found a movie which I really liked- Dil Dhadakne Do - another refreshing movie by Zoya Akhtar! I know everyone found Piku hilarious, but I am sorry I didn't. Everyone loved it because Amitabh Bachchan acted so brilliantly, I hated it because he acted so brilliantly. He was so perfect that I could believe he is an old irritating selfish creature and that made me loathe him. So I pitied Deepika Padukone's character but didn't find anything funny. The only funny part in the movie was of Irrfan Khan! Moving on to another hyped movie of the year - Tanu weds Manu Returns. A crazy wannabe rebel who does exactly opposite of what she's told to do, leaves one guy for another guy and leaves him for the first guy! That pretty much summarizes Part 1 and Part 2. Her acting was nice, she portrayed a Kanpur girl and a Haryanvi girl at the same time and both were believable but that doesn't make the movie interesting! The nice part in movie: the songs like Move on, Ghani bawri, banno tera swaggggerrrrrrrr!



Dil Dhadakne Do: The Review
So while I was sick and tired of watching the movies everyone described as "awesome, class act, fadu" and when I didn't like them, I was being described as having "no taste". Finally, Zoya Akhtar knew what I really needed to watch. Another refreshing film after Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, it portrays the problems of high class society, the rich and wealthy people! I will not disclose the story but I will tell you what I loved about the movie. Firstly, it was not a coming-of-age romantic film where the guy and girl are supposed to end up together. It was about a family and a really rich one- with real problems, real difference of opinions! Secondly, it's not a travelogue as some people described ZNMD as well. Zoya shows places so well without overshadowing the story and so she should. A fresh take in the movie is by Pluto, the dog, whose voice is given by Aamir Khan. The whole movie is about Pluto's family so he narrates the story comically. 



The movie has Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra in lead roles and they are not in love- Thank Heavens! By the way, after a really long time, I fell in love with Priyanka's performance and her persona. There is a song sequence with Anushka as main leads and Priyanka joins for ten seconds but she steals the show! Ranveer Singh has yet again proved his mettle. I think he's just one step away from entering my precious list of favourite actors. Anil Kapoor. for a change, is seen flaunting gray hair which must have been really tough for him, knowing he considers himself so young even now! Anushka Sharma and Farhan Akhtar have very limited screen time but their performance is notable. And no, the movie does not end with a definitive end, it ends with many possibilities - like ZNMD. I like such movies which are different, not predictable, and are light. This movie also highlights sensitive issue like inequality of women in a different light. 
P.S.- Don't go to watch this movie if you want to see serious cinema. This is a light comedy film with a difference!  :P


My Rating: 4 stars out of 5.
My favourite Character: Pluto
My favourite Song: Galla Goodiyaaa
My favourite scene: when Ranveer says "that's a butter knife!" (To appreciate the scene, please go watch the movie!)

Enjoy the movie guys, karlo galla gooooodiyaaaaa!


4 comments:

  1. I've this movie along with Mohenho Daro starring Hrithik in my priority list for the year 2015. I'm sure that I'm not looking for any more movies. These two movies are gonna be my munch for 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...