My Dad - My Hero

Wednesday, June 24, 2015
I once read a quote, "Every girl may not be a queen to her husband, but she will always be a princess to her father!". I absolutely loved it the moment I read it and I think it's very true. Dad is always your first hero, for whom you believe can do everything for you. Hitting the ground back to take revenge for your fall, getting that pink princess dress you saw in the shop for your birthday surprise, carrying you over your shoulder when you are too lazy to walk,  role-play being a donkey for your ride are just some of the examples from childhood where you found a hero in your dad. 

I still remember a commercial on television during my childhood where a cute young girl says, "My Daddy Strongest!" I used to sing this throughout the day and my dad used to give me his warmest smile each time. I think he felt proud each time! :)  That reminds me my favourite childhood song was , "papa jaldi aa janaaaaaa..." It was customary to sing it each day in evening while waiting for my dad to return from his office. My dad always used to flaunt my achievements to all relatives and friends and that embarrassed me a lot, well none of that has changed in all these years. Initially it was me scoring highest marks in school, now it's one of my research papers - the bragging still continues. And I'll never admit it to him but it makes me a little proud. :) 

I'm not a big fan of celebrating the days designated for people - the love always persists. However, these days give us a special chance to celebrate the love we have. In the busy life, we sometimes forget to tell people close to us how much we love them. So, this father's day I would love to tell my dad that I have always loved him and will always do so. He wants to get married soon but I don't know how will I ever live without my dad and mom ever! For every big and small thing you have ever done for me, I wanna give you a big hug 'cause no gift, however huge can ever repay whatever you have done for me, the love you have showered on me, the care you show everyday. It's gonna be real tough for The Guy to ever match the way you treat me - He might be my prince, but you'll always be my King papa!
Source given at the bottom of the image






This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...