Cricket-Mania!

Thursday, July 9, 2015
Source: Link
Cricket has always thrilled me - ever since my childhood when Sachin was the hero! Remember, Shah Rukh and Sachin together for a Pepsi advertisement, that was my most favourite advertisement, considering it had both my fav heros! My friend used to support Rahul Dravid and thus, for each match we kept comparing their scores and other stats, even though I didn't understand many of those stats! :P Then came the world of Nehra, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Laxmans and Raina but the love for Sachin never went away! 

Source: Indian Express
Things haven't changed much ever since. The only change has been time, and no I'm not being philosophical. As kids, we had enough time to watch these matches but now, stuck up in the professional world, there's hardly any time left! I have to survive by just checking the scores every hour or so! But there was a match I couldn't miss- Sachin's last test match! I had prepared that I will definitely watch the full match, but the day before the final match, my boss called me and informed me of the "very important" meeting the next day! I couldn't take a sick leave as well as the deal was too important for the company. So I had to be there or it will cost me my job! 

Stuck between my love for the Little Master and my job, I dragged my feet to office the next day. However, UC browser came to my help! It has a special service known as UC cricket which provides the best cricket service in India including Live Scores & Latest News. It had Featured match reminders, score cards, live commentary. Ever since morning, I kept checking the scores on it continuously. Like a teenage school kid, I kept my phone in my lap , hidden from the "important" people, and kept on stealing stares at it. How happy I was, thanks to UC Browser, for letting me be updated about my most important match. 

The deal was sealed that day. My boss got so impressed with my work that I even got a raise. And I was just in time to hear "My life, between 22 yards for 24 years....". I remember his exact words and my exact emotions during Sachin's farewell speech. It was the most memorable day for me!

Source: Altcricket
My new favourite is Virat Kohli but the love for legend still remains! :* Although have you seen the comparison sheet between Virat and Sachin's stats. Either that is a lot of coincidence or a bigger cause - a calling for my love by Virat! You never know! :P Who knows, just like Sachin's record, Virat might be a legend too by reaching his 200th test match! or 200th T20! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...